Student Enrollment Guide
Answers to some important questions you may have about your enrollment
Please review carefully our online application form or a downloadable PDF form and fill out all applicable fields – this will allow us to begin the enrollment process.
The form should take about 15 minutes to complete. You’ll just need to have some basic information handy about your previous education and personal legal document and confirmation of your physical address.
Once you’ve applied, we’ll reach out with access to our S.O.S.I.C.A.S.T Student Portal, where you’ll be able to submit transcripts and retrieve other information to complete your enrollment process.
Have a question? Email:email@example.com our Admissions department is ready to guide you through all the steps in the process; WhatsApp us or call us at +27 72 683 6008/9
Before You Apply
The first step is to browse through our website for a variety of courses to choose from, alternatively you can talk to an admission representative about your plans, what program you’re considering, and when you’d like to begin school. You can reach the admissions department via WhatsApp or call us at +27 72 683 6008/9 to schedule an interview.
There are several things to know about the skills program, short course, certificate, master classes and undergraduate programs admissions process at S.O.S.I.C.A.S.T.
- No traditional application deadlines: classes begin monthly for most programs, so you can apply anytime and start on the date that works best for you.
- Program design and course order: you do not need to sign up for specific classes every semester – all of our programs have a predetermined program design and course order.
- Acceleration: S.O.S.I.C.A.S.T undergraduate programs are taken on an accelerated schedule and can be completed in as little as 12 months.
- Metric submission: we do not require you to must have completed Grade 12 or submit your Grade 12 mid year results to apply for a undergraduate program. Grade 11 is all what you need as a minimum requirement for all undergraduate programs
How to Apply
If you’ve browsed through our website for a variety of courses to choose from and have found a program of your choice or have spoken to an admissions representative and completed your interview, and you’re ready to begin the application process, there are several items you’ll need to have ready:
- A certified copy of an official government issued photo identification such as a driver’s license, passport, or national-issued ID card.
- A certified copy of a proof of residency
- Your latest statement of results of your highest grade completed
Once you have these items, you’re ready to begin the online application. Completing your application will take 15-20 minutes, and you can save your application if you run out of time or need to gather additional information
After You’ve Applied
If you haven’t already completed your online application, that will be your next step. An admissions representative will reach out to schedule an interview at a convenient time for you.
If you have completed your interview, your enrollment guide will reach out to finalize your application and gather additional information.
You will also receive an email that gives you access to our S.O.S.I.C.A.S.T Student Portal, where you’ll be able to submit or retrieve documentation to complete the final steps for your enrollment.
Throughout this process, if you have any questions or run into any issues, your enrollment guide can be reached at at +27 72 683 6008/9 via WhatsApp chats or call. Alternatively you can just walk in to any campus closest to you for any assistance.
It is our passion at Sound of Sounds Institute of Creative Arts and Technology / Creative Arts Skills Warehouse to close the gap between the have and the have nots, create equal access to all previously disadvantaged youth and finally to redress the creative industry. Funding college has many critical steps, so S.O.S.I.C.A.S.T has a dedicated financial aid department to walk you through each stage of the process.
Understanding Types of Available Aid
There are many categories of financial aid available, which come from different sources.
- Grants are a type of financial aid that does not have to be repaid in most circumstances.
- Loans pertain to borrowed money – either from public or private sources – that must be repaid with interest.
- Work study refers to a program that allows student to earn money through various job opportunities at Sound of Sounds International.
- Bursaries and Scholarships are funds awarded to students based on certain factors, such as academic achievement or financial need. S.O.S.I.C.A.S.T’s Financial Aid Guide here.
While attending at Sound of Sounds, students must maintain a status of Satisfactory Progress and meet specific credit-hour/weeks-of-instruction requirements in order to receive their financial aid.
Students not actively attending due to a Suspension, Termination or Withdrawal will not receive award disbursements while on an Interruption of Training.
Eligibility for financial aid programs requires that a student be a South African citizen or eligible non-citizen. If you are a prospective international student, visit the International section in admissions for details on your enrollment process.
Questions? You can email to the Financial Aid department; WhatsApp us or call us at +27 72 683 6008/9